What happened to pictures.lytro.com?
On November 30, 2017 we discontinued the pictures.lytro.com website. Thereafter, the following features will no longer work and will generate an error:
- Post to pictures.lytro.com and/or Facebook from Lytro Desktop or Lytro Mobile
- View online albums or pictures
- Sign into a Lytro web account
- Check for software updates
Why did you discontinue pictures.lytro.com?
More than two years ago, Lytro began focusing on Light Field video solutions for the cinema and virtual reality industries and discontinued the manufacturing and distribution of Lytro cameras for photography. As a part of our plan to further focus on these new efforts, the ability to publish from Lytro Desktop and Lytro Mobile to pictures.lytro.com will be discontinued.
When did this happen?
We discontinued access to and support of pictures.lytro.com on November 30th, 2017
Will Lytro Desktop stop working? How is Lytro Desktop affected?
All "local" Lytro Desktop features will continue to work: adjustment and animation tools, presentation mode and exporting as .jpg, .mov, .gif, etc. The only parts of Lytro Desktop that will no longer function will be anything specific to online sharing.
How can I share pictures online after November 30th?
While you will no longer be able to share native living pictures online (either directly via pictures.lyto.com nor indirectly via FaceBook, embedding, etc), Desktop's export functionality provides a non-living picture workaround:
- Make a movie of your living picture via export .mov
- Capture a focus point and share the resulting .jpg or .gif
How can I share Living Pictures for people to view?
The only way to view a Living Picture is by using Lytro Desktop. Please follow the steps below to share and/or view a Living Picture.
- Export an .lfr file using Lytro Desktop and send it with a link to download Lytro Desktop (Mac / Windows).
- To view the Living Picture, install and open Lytro Desktop (Mac / Windows) and import the .lfr file. Then select “Presentation Mode.”
- For more info, see How Can I Share Living Pictures.
What will happen to embedded Lytro pictures on my website?
Embedded pictures will no longer work.
As a workaround, you can replace them with a movie export of the living picture.