Sharing with limited use of Lytro Web
You can make living pictures hosted on Lytro.com unlisted; this means anyone who wants to view them will have to have a special URL that you'll generate and share. While you are still using Lytro Web to share this way, only those with the special URL will see your content. For sharing with limited use of Lytro web:
- What do the "public" and "unlisted" privacy settings for pictures do?
- Sharing unlisted non-public pictures.
A Word About Privacy
Here are the full details on our privacy settings.
Sharing with no use of Lytro Web
With the advent of Lytro Desktop 3 and the support of import/export, you can share your living pictures without uploading them to Lytro.com at all.
To do this, you're basically exporting the images, getting them to whoever you want to see them, and then they are importing them into Lytro Desktop. Detailed instructions as follows:
- Take pictures with the camera and import them into Lytro Desktop 3.
- In Lytro Desktop 3, select the ones you want to share and export them to a folder
- You can export images via either the lightfield raw image format (~16MB per image) or lightfield stack image (usually under 400K per image).
- Zip the exported images
- Upload the zipped folder to a cloud storage solution (like box.net, dropbox, or on your own server), or copy to physical media (DVD, CD, USB drive, etc).
- The recipient of your living pictures will need to download and install the free desktop software: https://www.lytro.com/downloads/
- They can then uncompress and import the living pictures you sent them (or they downloaded) directly into Lytro Desktop
- Export instructions & details: http://support.lytro.com/entries/21705064-G-Exporting-Pictures
Note there is still no way to post a web-optimized living picture to your website or server without hosting it on Lytro.com first.