- What are the minimum system requirements for Windows machines?
OS: Windows 7 64-bit and Windows 8 64-bit ONLY: Home, Professional, or Ultimate. (Windows XP, Windows Vista, 32-bit Windows 7 and 32-bit Windows 8 are NOT SUPPORTED.)
CPU: Intel® Core 2 Duo or better
RAM: 2 GB or more
Graphics: DirectX 10
- How can I download Lytro Desktop for Windows?
Head on over and grab it: https://www.lytro.com/downloads
- Why do I need a 64-bit version of WIndows 7 or a 64-bit version of Windows 8?
Lytro Desktop is a 64-bit application. Pretending for a moment that you could install Lytro Desktop on a 32-bit system (which, again, you cannot), the performance would be so slow as to be unusable. Our current Lytro Desktop features can challenge even newer machines due to the sheer volume of intense computation happening under the hood, and there is no way lower-powered versions of Windows (those with different memory allocation characteristics) could keep up with what would be asked of them.
- How can I tell if Lytro Desktop for Windows will run on my machine?
The easiest way is simply to download Lytro Desktop and attempt to install it; the install will fail if your system doesn't meet our minimum requirements.
- How can I tell if my processor (CPU) is equal to or better than an Intel Core 2 Duo?
A site like www.cpubenchmark.net should help you see where your processor is ranked in terms of power; but really, we recommend you simply download and install the software to see if your processor is sufficient.
- Can I use my Lytro camera with both Mac and Windows computers?
Yes, any Lytro camera, no matter when it was purchased, can be used with either a Mac or Windows computer.
- No, I mean, can I use my Lytro camera with both Mac and Windows computers-- like Windows at home and Mac when I'm at a relative's house?
- Are there differences between how Lytro Desktop works on Mac or Windows?
No. Other than menu labeling, which conforms to OS standards in both cases, Lytro Desktop is identical on both platforms.
- What can I do with Lytro Desktop for Windows before I have my camera in hand?
To be honest, not much. The Lytro Desktop software only works with the Lytro camera, and until you have some pictures to import, there isn't much to do or see.
- Do I have to pay for Lytro Desktop for Windows? Does it matter when I bought my camera?
Nope! All versions of Lytro Desktop and the Lytro camera firmware, including future updates, are included with the purchase of a Lytro camera. Period.