Why you might do this procedure:
- Several pictures in a row will not focus at all (no matter where you tap).
- The camera has taken a jolt, e.g. has been dropped. (The camera will reset itself automatically after the next time it fully powers itself off, but why wait?) Although impact damage is not covered by the Lytro warranty, minor impacts can be easily addressed with the following procedure.
- Any normal function of the first generation Lytro camera (e.g. transferring pictures to the Lytro Desktop software) is not working properly.
- Swipe up on the touchscreen to reveal the General Control Dock.
- Touch the "gear" icon in the upper right:
- Choose "Reset" from the menu:
- NOTE: On newer versions of the camera firmware (software), you will need to scroll down the menu (swipe up on the touchscreen) to reveal the Reset option.
- If you are still having issues, please use the blue "Open a Support Ticket" text below to contact Lytro Support.
- You are also welcome to try a "hard reset" first before contacting Lytro Support.
- This only applies to the first generation Lytro camera.