Why you might do this procedure:
- You are having difficulty charging the camera.
- Any normal function of the first generation camera is not working properly, and a "soft reset" has been unsuccessful or is not possible.
==> Please follow these instructions exactly; the order and timing are very important! <==
- If you are having trouble charging the battery, you must connect the camera to USB power first, and leave it connected, before proceeding.
- You must be directly connected to your computer or to a wall AC adapter; do NOT use a USB hub.
- If you have a Lytro wall charger, use it for the following process and go to step 5.
- If not, try and find a micro-USB charger that does at least 2 Amps; some computer USB ports are underpowered and may fail where a good wall charger will work.
- Hold down the Power button, near the USB flap on the underside of the camera (NOT the Shutter button) for a full 45 seconds, using a timepiece to verify duration:
- If still no results, perform an "extended hard reset" by holding down the Power button for a full 90 seconds, again using a timepiece to verify duration.
- If still no results, try charging overnight (at least 6 hours)
- If the issue persists after completing these steps please let us know via Live Chat, or open a support ticket at the top of this page.
- On the other hand, if you were able to restore functionality using a "hard reset" or "extended hard reset", please use the option below to indicate you "found this useful." Thanks!
NOTE: This article applies to the first generation Lytro camera only.