Users can embed individual Lytro "Living Pictures" or entire albums in blogs and/or webpages as long as iframes are supported.
The basic embed option allows a quick and easy way to copy and paste the HTML code for a fully functional Lytro player. The Basic Web Player Customization Tool allows users to select the parameters and features available in the embedded image player.
Details and instructions on using basic embeds and the Basic Web Player Customization Tool are available in the article below:
- Basic Embed overview:
1. Embed an Album
To embed an album, go to the top level of your Album, click on the Embed Code Icon, and copy the resulting code:
2. Embed a Picture
To get the code for a particular picture, simply view that picture on Lytro.com's Gallery, click the Embed button (</>), and click "Copy." The HTML will now be stored on your clipboard, ready to be pasted.
We have a super easy to use tool to help you customize your embed; see "The Basic Web Player Customization Tool" section below.
Default embed code:
<iframe width='600' height='434' src='https://pictures.lytro.com/jmoskovic/pictures/942107/embed' frameborder='0' allowfullscreen scrolling='no'></iframe>
Default embedded picture will look like this:
If you have a Tumblr blog, you can embed your "living pictures" by
1) posting them as a video and pasting the entire code (not just the URL),
2) making a new text post, clicking the HTML button and pasting the embed code from our site into the HTML editor.
If you have a WordPress blog, you cannot embed iframes, but WordPress was kind enough to add support for embedding Lytro "living pictures". Please see their guide here: http://en.support.wordpress.com/lytro/
For hosted wordpress.org users, please see http://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/embed-light-field-photos/
- The Basic Web Player Customization Tool overview:
The Basic Web Player Customization Tool is a simple-to-use wizard which allows you to easily modify the features and appearance of the Web Player for use on websites and blogs.
To access the Basic Web Player Customization Tool open an image in one-up view on pictures.lytro.com, click on the embed icon, and select 'Customize' (see screenshot below).
The Basic Web Player Customization Tool page will then open (see below)
By using the Basic Web Player Customization Tool users have several options for altering the appearance of an embedded living picture. The Basic Web Player Customization Tool allows users to change the following attributes of the player:
- Image Size – Determines the dimensions of the embedded living picture
- Info Layer – Determines whether to show/hide the attribution credit bar and image notes at the bottom of the player.
- Lytro Logo – Determines whether to show/hide Lytro's logo
- Fullscreen Button – Determines whether to show/hide the Fullscreen button
- Help – Determines whether to show/hide the help button
- Play Button – Determines whether to show/hide the Play button