This article is a guide to the LYTRO ILLUM's exterior features and controls: the buttons, doors, mounts, dials — everything on the outside of your camera.
1. Hot Shoe: Standard ISO hot shoe for use with an external center pin sync flash in manual mode.
2. Power Button: Press the power button to power the camera on or off.
3. Strap Point: Allows attachment of the included neck strap or a strap of your choice. See Attaching the Strap Rings and Neck Strap for detailed instructions.
4. Lytro Button: Displays a live Depth Histogram and Depth Overlay.
5. Shutter Button:
• A half press turns on Auto-Exposure Lock (AEL).
• Full press fires the shutter (takes a picture).
6. Front Dial:
• In ISO Priority Mode: Sets the ISO.
• In Shutter Speed Priority Mode and Manual Mode: Sets Shutter Speed.
7. Focus Ring: Adjusts the focus of the lens.
8. Zoom Ring: Adjusts the focal length of the lens.
• By default, clockwise turn zooms in, while counterclockwise turn zooms out.
9. Battery door: On the bottom of the camera, the battery door has a latch to secure it. Slide the latch to one side to open the battery door and remove the battery.
10. Tripod mount: Underneath the camera, there is a standard 1/4"-20 tripod socket.
11. Micro-USB 3.0 port for charging or data connection.
12. Port Cover: Inside the port cover are the Micro-USB 3.0 port, SD Memory Card slot and 2.5mm cable release socket.
13. Strap Point: Allows attachment of the included neck strap or a strap of your choice. See Attaching the Strap Rings and Neck Strap for detailed instructions.
14. Touchscreen: 4-inch touchscreen displays live view in Capture Mode, images in Playback Mode, as well as menus and settings.
15. AF Button: Activates auto focus when pressed.
16. Rear Dial:
• Sets the EV Compensation in Program, ISO Priority and Shutter Speed Priority Modes
• Sets the ISO in Manual Mode
17. AEL Button: Locks the exposure at the current setting when held down
18. Fn Button: Toggles between Capture Mode and Playback Mode
19. Hyperfocal Button: Sets the focus of the lens to the light field hyperfocal position (moves the far end of the refocusable range to infinity)
NOTE: This article refers to the default behaviors of all customizable options (buttons, dials, rings, etc).