Here you'll find instructions on how to set up your LYTRO ILLUM camera & all the essentials you need to get started.
Before you can use your camera for the first time, you'll need to:
- Charge the included lithium-ion battery:
- Place the battery in the included quick charger and plug it into a standard 110- or 220-volt, 50-60hz electrical outlet.
- An empty battery may take four or more hours to charge completely
- When charging, the LED on the charger will light up.
- When the battery is fully charged, the LED will turn off.
- A blinking LED indicates a power or connection problem.
- Insert the charged battery:
- The battery compartment is on the bottom of the camera. Hold the camera upside down and slide the thumb-latch to one side to open the door.
- Insert the charged battery, hold the door fully closed, and slide the latch back to the locked position.
- Insert a compatible SD card:
- Open the port cover, insert an SD card into the SD card slot, and close the port cover
- We recommend formatting the card the first time you use it in the camera.
- If you turn on the camera without an SD card, you'll get a warning. Press the shutter half way to dismiss it.
- The camera must have an SD card inserted to take pictures.
- Power On:
- Briefly press the power button to turn on the camera..
- Setup Assistant:
- The first time you turn on the camera it will guide you through setup including language, time zone, date and time.
- After setup, a brief feature overview will be displayed.
Attaching the Strap Anchors and Rings (optional)