Desktop 4 - Clean Install (Mac)
Doing a clean install involves complete, manual removal of Desktop, and then re-installing. Here's how:
- Open a Terminal window and enter the following commands one-by-one (user account password will be asked after entering the first line):
- Cut and paste each line, in this order, one-by-one, and hit return after each one. Do not try and cut-and-paste the entire section.
sudo rm -rf /Applications/Lytro\ Desktop.app
sudo rm -rf /Applications/Lytro.app
sudo rm ~/Library/Preferences/com.lytro.Lytro.plist
sudo rm ~/Library/Preferences/com.lytro.Lytro.LSSharedFileList.plist
sudo rm -rf ~/Library/Caches/com.lytro.Lytro
sudo rm /Library/LaunchDaemons/com.lytro.Lytro.InstallHelper.plist
sudo rm /Library/PrivilegedHelperTools/com.lytro.Lytro.InstallHelper
sudo rm -rf /System/Library/Extensions/LytroFirefly.kext
sudo rm -rf ~/Library/Saved\ Application\ State/com.lytro.Lytro.savedState
- Go to your applications folder and check if the Lytro Desktop application icon is still there
- If it is, CTRL+click the icon and select 'Show Package Contents'
- Go into Contents > Library > Extensions and delete the LytroFirefly.kext file
- Open the finder on your computer and select GO from the top bar.
- Hold the 'Option' key to reveal the Library menu and click it.
- Open the 'Application Support' folder and delete the Lytro folder.
- Empty trash
- Reboot computer
- Go to https://www.lytro.com/downloads/ and download/install latest version of Lytro Desktop
- Open Lytro Desktop and install the system components when prompted
- Unplug and plug back in your camera
- Verify that Lytro Desktop is now working as intended.