This article is for current users of Lytro Desktop 3.
- IMPORTANT: Before upgrading from Lytro Desktop 3 to Desktop 4,
make backups of your Lytro Library files.
- Updating a Library from Desktop 3 to Desktop 4 is PERMANENT.
A library which you've created or opened with Desktop 4 can not be opened by Desktop 3.
- Lytro Desktop 4 requires more powerful graphics hardware than Desktop 3, and may not work well on all systems, especially laptops.
See Desktop 4 - System Requirements
- Lytro Desktop 3 is now unsupported.
What's New in Desktop 4
- Support for LYTRO ILLUM cameras
- You will need to reprocess your existing pictures to enable Adjust and Animate.
- Workflows to get you into and out of third- party editing tools (like Photoshop)
- Manual Sort - You can now manually sort pictures within albums
What happened to…?
- Processing for Perspective Shift - The Perspective Shift feature and icon are gone, because perspective shift is now enabled in the initial processing of all new pictures.
- Depth Scores are gone - We didn't think they were very accurate or useful; let us know if you disagree!
- Living Filters - We decided that completing Animations, Adjustments, and a host of other features were more important. We plan to reintroduce Filters in a future Desktop update but don't have a release date. Let us know if you really want it back!
When you reprocess a Desktop 3 Living Picture in Desktop 4:
- Perspective Shift is always enabled, even when you refocus.
- The Adjust and Animate tools are enabled.
- Living Filters are removed.
New Living Picture Player
Desktop 4 uses our new OpenGL Player to view your pictures. This new player enables exciting new features:
- More creative control when sharing pictures online, especially when your audience uses our WebGL-based Advanced Player
- Virtual Camera adjustments allow real-time post-capture aperture and lens tilt adjustment