Having this problem with Windows? Please Click Here.
If Lytro Desktop 4 does not automatically detect your first generation Lytro camera, please try the following steps:
- Confirm you have installed the latest version of Lytro Desktop at http://www.lytro.com/desktop
- Confirm you are using a data capable micro USB cable (you can test this by connecting to another device)
- If your camera is still not detected by Lytro Desktop please follow the instructions below:
- If you have any security software installed please temporarily disable it.
- Open a Terminal window and enter these commands ONE BY ONE. (Your user account password will be asked after entering the first line - this is your MAC password):
sudo rm -rf /Applications/Lytro\ Desktop.app
sudo rm -rf /Applications/Lytro.app
sudo rm ~/Library/Preferences/com.lytro.Lytro.plist
sudo rm ~/Library/Preferences/com.lytro.Lytro.LSSharedFileList.plist
sudo rm -rf ~/Library/Caches/com.lytro.Lytro
sudo rm /Library/LaunchDaemons/com.lytro.Lytro.InstallHelper.plist
sudo rm /Library/PrivilegedHelperTools/com.lytro.Lytro.InstallHelper
sudo rm -rf /System/Library/Extensions/LytroFirefly.kext
sudo rm -rf ~/Library/Saved\ Application\ State/com.lytro.Lytro.savedState
- Empty Trash
- Reboot computer
- Go to www.lytro.com/downloads and download/install the latest version of Lytro Desktop
- Restart your computer
If Lytro Desktop still does not detect your first generation camera please contact support at email@example.com or contact us via live chat 9AM-5PM PST Monday-Friday on our support homepage: http://support.lytro.com/.
Please let us know that you have seen this article and whether or not you were able to complete all the steps.