Users on OS X 10.11 Can't Use First Generation Lytro Camera
- Affects - First Generation Camera + Mac OS 10.11 + Lytro Desktop 4
- Does not affect - ILLUM users; 10.10 users.
- Error - Affected users may receive one or more of the following errors when first installing Lytro Desktop 4:
- Error Domain=LytroInstallHelperError
- "System Components Required - System components must be installed to enable camera sync. This process will require your password."
- Summary - Users on OS X 10.11 with First Generation Lytro cameras cannot connect to Lytro Desktop 4
- What happened - Lytro has been using a custom kernel extension that we developed and Apple, as of 10.11, started blocking custom kernel extensions. We've applied for an exception and are still waiting to hear from them.
- Status - Latest Desktop release, 4.3.2, includes a bug fix. NOTE: you MUST perform a CLEAN INSTALL before installing 4.2.3, instructions here https://support.lytro.com/hc/en-us/articles/202881410
If you are still having this issue after a clean install, please write to us at firstname.lastname@example.org and let us know you've performed a clean install and we'll go from there.